Regional Housing Needs Allocation Element Cycles
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 6th Housing Element Cycle
AMBAG will be overseeing the 6th cycle RHNA, which covers the planning period from 2023-2031. The anticipated schedule is as follows:
- Early 2021: Begin RHNA discussions and methodology development
- September 2021: Deadline for HCD to provide Regional Housing Need Determination to AMBAG and SBtCOG
- November 2021: AMBAG selects a preferred draft methodology
- January/February 2022: AMBAG approved the final RHNA methodology and directs staff to release the draft RHNA Plan with the local jurisdictions allocations
- Summer 2022: Final RHNA Plan approved
- December 2023: Local Jurisdiction’s Housing Elements Due
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 5th Housing Element Cycle: 2014 - 2023:
The RHNA Plan was approved and adopted by the AMBAG Board of Directors at its June 11, 2014 meeting.
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 4th Housing Element Cycle: 2007 - 2014:
The RHNA Plan was approved and adopted by the AMBAG Board of Directors at its June 11, 2008 meeting.