Leave a Public Comment
The Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments is committed to helping the school districts of the Monterey Bay to take advantage of as many opportunities as possible to reduce their energy bills through energy efficiency, energy conversation and renewable energy projects.
Proposition 39 Technical Assistance Services
From 2012 to 2017 the State of California released funding through the California Clean Energy Jobs Act: Proposition 39 program to help schools implement energy efficiency and renewable energy project. To receive this funding, school districts had to comply with the Proposition 39: California Clean Energy Jobs Act - 2013 Program Implementation Guidelines.
As part of the AMBAG Energy Watch Program, AMBAG staff provided technical Assistance services to over 40 school districts and charter schools in the Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz County to help manage their participation in the proposition 39 program. AMBAG completed the following tasks at no cost to school districts:
- Conducted lighting and HVAC inventories at over 200 sites.
- Wrote detailed Energy Expenditure Plans necessary to access Proposition 39 funding.
- Wrote detailed materials list and technical specification documents for use in bid processes.
- Helped buy down the cost of lighting projects by providing energy efficiency rebates.
- Worked with school districts to complete all proposition 39 program reporting requirements.